Sadly, “let us run with endurance the race that is set before us” from Hebrews 12:1 didn’t make the Top 10 Most “Popular” Bible Verses. I bet if we were to poll the endurance community it would be on the short list!
I’ve been using an online Bible called YouVersion to complete my Bible reading goals for the past few years. They make it super easy with e-mail, RSS, mobile, and other options for reading any part of the Bible or your daily reading plan. YouVersion is also a community allowing you to tag, comment, highlight, etc on any passage of the Bible. If daily Bible reading is your thing, you should really check it out it has most translations of the Bible and thousands of different languages.
They recently posted a list of the Top 10 Most Bookmarked Verses in their community.
- Philippians 4:6 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- Romans 12:2 – Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
- Philippians 4:7 – And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
- Proverbs 3:6 – In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- Romans 8:28 – We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
- Matthew 6:33 – Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 – Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
These are all good passages to remember. What is your favorite verse?