- March 22nd St. Patrick’s Day Human Race 8k – St. Paul USATF Minnesota 8k Championship Last year’s review I ran a 31:27 which is a post-college PR.
- April 25th Get in Gear 10k – Minneapolis USATF Minnesota 10k Championship Last year’s review I ran a 41:30 which is 2 seconds off my PR in terrible conditions.
- May 7th Medtronic TC 1 Mile – Minneapolis USATF Minnesota 1 Mile Championship Last year’s review
I ran a 5:27 which is a post-college PR.
- May 25th Brian Kraft Memorial 5k – Minneapolis USATF Minnesota 5k Championship I missed this one last year to watch my sister graduate from high school.
- June 20th Grandma’s Marathon – Duluth USATF Minnesota Marathon Championship This is a new one back on the circuit this year. I’m still looking for a spring marathon…
- July 25th Lumberjack Days 10 Mile – Stillwater This is another one being added back to the schedule.
- August 2nd Hennepin Lake Classic 5k – Minneapolis Last year’s review of the 10k. The Team Circuit requires a certain number do the 10k, the 5k, and also some doing the double! I ran a 41:59.
- August 9th MDRA 15k – Edina USATF Minnesota 15k Championship Last year’s review This is my first road 15K and I ran a 1:03:24.
- September 13th City of Lakes 25k – Minneapolis USATF Minnesota 25k Championship Last year’s review I ran a 1:48:40 for my first time at this distance.
I recognize at least two races are missing from the schedule which is good! Last year I ran the 5000m championship on the track and that wasn’t very exciting. The Earth Day Half Marathon was also on last year’s circuit. It was the weekend before Boston last year and I imagine that is why it got left out of the schedule this year. It is a little odd that there isn’t a half-marathon on the schedule at all though.
Here is an interview with USATF Minnesota Long Distance Running Competition Chairman Ed Whetham from Down the Backstretch about the 2009 circuit.
[tags] USATF-MN, USATF, Championship [/tags]