This is my personal opinion and only based on the events that I attended. What do you think was the best overall event you attended in 2007?
This is another tough category. Again in no particular order.
- 500 Festival Mini Marathon – while I’m not a big fan of this event since I’ve never raced well and don’t like 35,000 fellow runners, they put on an excellent event.
- Drumstick Dash – this was a fun and festive event with lots of activities for every age and competitive stripe. I enjoyed this event.
- PopWeaver 5K – this is always a fun event with the Popcorn Festival and a year’s supply of popcorn. There is also always good competition and lots of high schoolers.
- DINO Races – These are fun no matter what, but more fun if you do a bunch of them, win a pair of shoes, or just like to get muddy!
- Run the Mounds – This is a tough 5 miler with good post-race food and lots of running friends.
I hit the gym for an easy 30 minutes on the Elliptical machine and then 5 minutes on the stair climber. It was fairly enjoyable for a gym workout! After 15 minutes on the elliptical, the machine flashed and said pedal backwards! I tried it for 5 minutes, that is a weird feeling to “run” backwards. It definitely works a new set of muscles, I might try it more often.