Entries tagged with “Mississippi River”.
Did you find what you wanted?
Mon 22 Jun 2009
Posted by crossn81 under CSA, Travel
We had a great weekend at “our farm” – Harmony Valley Farms. We road tripped down the Mississippi River to find our farm nestled in a valley in southwest Wisconsin. Here is a quick synopsis:
- Camping with other members in the meadow
- Chatting with Richard, the owner, around the campfire
- Watching the fog lift off the valley in the morning
- Potlucking with even more members, meeting bloggers Heather and Lee
- Picking strawberries in the rain and eating lots of them!
- Getting a wagon tour of the fields
- Eating Sugar Snap Peas we picked from the fields
- Talking with one of the “professional” growers and hearing his passion for organic produce and this farm
Tue 17 Jun 2008
Posted by crossn81 under Personal, Travel
Saturday was the epitome of summer fun!! After my 5K we lounged around for awhile before deciding to bike 7 miles to the Como Zoo, wandering around until closing time and then riding to the Stone Arch Bridge Arts Festival. Sadly the festival was closed but we continued our meandering bike journey and discovered some new islands along the Mississippi River before enjoying Chipotle on Nicollet Mall downtown. We arrived safely home in time to enjoy the thunderstorm that took out 10,000 people’s power across the west Metro. That is a lot to pack into 5 hours including 20 miles on the bike!
Views of Downtown from the Northeast Side